Letters of Introduction
- the letter writer ~ a letter of introduction
- letter of the law (the tarot)
- letter of reverence (tea)
- letter of comfort (aromatherapy)
- letter of credit (aunt alma's yukon)
- love letter (aurora beach)
- send a letter
- letter perfect (photos)
- letters of recommendation
- newsletter ~ Kate's 5 Things ~ SIGN UP
Monday, September 7, 2009
Our road on a summer evening.
It's Labour Day, a national holiday, so the kids are home and even Scott seems to be taking a day off.
While digging through boxes of recipe books I pulled out one I read years ago and kept: Blue Jelly— Love Lost and the Lessons of Canning, by Debby Bull. Using an unusual method, the author lifts herself out of the depression following a heartbreak. How does she do it? Through canning.
Blue Jelly contains 15 recipes, one of which I am following today after picking green beans at Faye and Rick's last night at sunset. The water in the canner is taking forever to boil, to sterilize the sealers. Shoulda started with hot water; live 'n' learn. It's been some years since I've made dill beans or pickles, and I never was more than a beginner.
It's a lovely little book and I'd recommend it to anyone. Especially anyone with a broken heart.
Posted by Blondi Blathers at 3:41 PM