Letters of Introduction
- the letter writer ~ a letter of introduction
- letter of the law (the tarot)
- letter of reverence (tea)
- letter of comfort (aromatherapy)
- letter of credit (aunt alma's yukon)
- love letter (aurora beach)
- send a letter
- letter perfect (photos)
- letters of recommendation
- newsletter ~ Kate's 5 Things ~ SIGN UP
Monday, July 7, 2014
There is a lot of water around, I mean more than usual; the creeks are running high and, not far away, some lakes are looking like oceans.
For the first year since we moved to Golden Grain Farm, our basement has remained dry all spring. Hooray for filled-in lagoons, newly installed weeping tile, and power that hasn't gone off, which means the sump pumps, which seem to run every five minutes, keep on working. It was costly but oh so worth it.
The mosquitoes are another story. Remember that Hitchcock movie The Birds? It's like that, only with bloodthirsty stinging insects. Outside in the evening, you hear the hum. Sometimes you have to outrun them.
And because this song is hilarious and true (if your husband has cattle, you know it), and Corb Lund the Alberta songwriter is a smart witty funny man, I give you this:
Posted by Blondi Blathers at 9:49 AM