|The elusive single Ross's goose is quite shy (and likely lonely, having lost his flock somewhere along the line)|
A Few Things I Learned from my dad:
1. When it's necessary, speak up, even if it creates conflict with others. Don't let things slide by, that shouldn't.
2. Be realistic and don't get caught unprepared.
3. Be honest in all your dealings, so you can live with yourself.
4. When it's not your business and you can't control the outcome anyway, keep your mouth shut. You can't run anyone else's life, no matter how much you care and can see that they are making mistakes.
5. When your heart is breaking and you'd rather crawl into a hole and stay there, get out of that bed, keep moving, and don't waste time feeling sorry for yourself. Do what has to be done, even if you're only going through the motions. At least this way you're more likely to come out okay on the other side, rather than with more or other problems.
Just talked to Dad. He is spending his day with his sweetheart, Grace, golfing and then barbecuing steaks for supper. And taking phone calls from his grateful and appreciative children and grandchildren. Sounds like a pretty nice Father's Day, to me!