|As he looked in his teens, when we met.|
His friends and family are together at Rosebud Hall this afternoon to mark Monte's passing on the 27th of January.
I am doing it at home in a different way:
• dressed in my favourite clothes.
• put on scented oils and pretty jewellery.
• lit a candle.
• set a glass of water on the kitchen window ledge.
• smudged the house with sage.
• sang the song that came to me.
• wished Monte well.
• thanked him for the laughs, and there were many.
• lifted a glass of red wine.
Monte was a neighbour, so he and Scott grew up scallawags together.
Losing a friend to death is ...
We just have to help ourselves get by.