Friday, April 1, 2011

Old Lamps


















This pair of lamps belonged to my grandparents, and if I'm not mistaken (correct me if I'm wrong, Reta) they came from Great-Grandma Bartley's house. Or not. Maybe they came from Great-Grandma Benson's. (Reta! Reta! Help me out here.) The white shade on the lamp below looks like something Grandpa picked up at an auction, and my sister Karen insists that the shade in the top photo is also not original, although it looks to me like it was meant for the globe beneath it.


















My questions to you are these:
1.) What would you buy to give them a matching pair of new shades?
and
2.) What do you think the shades they came with were like?
and
3.) Have you seen lamps like these?

2 comments:

  1. My grandparents had a lamp like that red one on the right. It's been forever since I've seen it though. I be the shades were quite charming.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those lamps are gorgeous! Try looking through a site like this one for an idea on shades.

    http://www.antiquelampshop.com/index.php

    ReplyDelete

Leave a message here or email me at stubblejumperscafe@gmail.com, home of the snow and land of the wheat!