Sunday, May 22, 2011

Violet, the previous owner, left these tulips under the oak trees





















✿⊱╮I've been busy digging holes and digging up plants, moving them to new locations in order to reduce the area that needs weeding by hoe or hand. This morning I woke up stiff, but it can't all be blamed on the shovel. On the way into the hardware store the other day I saw a bike I wanted, and bought it. Scott picked it up yesterday and I took it for a short spin when he got it home. Stretched out some unused muscles, methinks. But it's dandy; the old-fashioned handlebars allow a restful ride rather than one that strains the neck and shoulders from leaning forward.

2 comments:

  1. Yay for spring! and yay for bicycle rides!! Hope the stiff and sore works out fast for you!! :) (love those pretty tulips!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. the photo is lovely; I always thought I wanted a garden, and every year, took pains in the spring to care for the things I'd forgotten about by July. Living in a condo has cured me almost as much as the internet has.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a message here or email me at stubblejumperscafe@gmail.com, home of the snow and land of the wheat!