Saturday, December 29, 2012

Flu Day 3



Still down with the flu.

It's not that I feel so bad; I've had worse. Just that I'm weak and nauseated, with no appetite.
This too shall pass, and the sooner the better. What a bunch of wasted days. I could've been working like a dog and earning money! I could've been doing things with my boy, who is home all week again and is getting pretty worried about me. I keep assuring him I'll be fine tomorrow, and then I'm not. I could've visited with my school buddy Bev this afternoon, since she's home visiting family in the area. Rick and Faye were going to come over tonight. Alas, none of it was to be.

Anyhoo, must get this fruit and spinach and buttermilk smoothie (couldn't even stand at the counter to cut fruit, had to make my way, panting, to the kitchen table and sit to do it) down my neck, and keep it there, and go back to bed.

Boy am I glad I don't get sick very often. And it's a good reminder that when someone else in the household is sick, take care of them! Feed them, water them, and cuddle them up. They don't have the energy or ambition to do any of it themselves. It's hard to realize that when you're on the outside looking in, and feeling good yourself.

6 comments:

  1. I don't get sick often but when I do I can only eat applesauce. It goes down easy - get someone to give you some. Get well soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the not-flu: dizzy, coughing, weak as a baby, breathing like industrial bellows. Here's hoping for better for both of us

    ReplyDelete
  3. It almost sounds like you're man-sick! Seriously!
    I'm kind of jealous, but I'm sure it's just the Christmas jelly-belly roll I now have to lose. Stupid peanut butter balls.
    Feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Marilyn: I started craving barbecue chips yesterday and managed to get a few down in the evening, and they did seem to make me feel better. Could it have been the salt I needed?
    But your applesauce idea also makes sense, because Scott picked up apple juice at the store yesterday and I got up at 5 a.m. to drink some, and it's my intake of choice today.
    I'm better! Yay! Not 100% yet but can sit up without falling over. And I ate a slice of toast for breakfast. And drank half a cup of coffee. I see the light at the end of this tunnel.
    Lorna: I too have found breathing to take an effort, but it doesn't sound like industrial bellows. Are you sure you haven't got pneumonia? I won't worry; something tells me Dave is keeping a close eye on you and will drag you to the doctor if need be. Get well soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sending you some healing wishes. So happy you are on the mend and hope you continue doing so. A very happy 2013 to you and your family. :)))

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks all. I'm fine today (Mon) and back at work proper, and will even go for a walk shortly. It feels good to get normal again, that's for sure.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a message here or email me at stubblejumperscafe@gmail.com, home of the snow and land of the wheat!