Sunday, October 13, 2013

Noisy Thing


The trip to Prince Albert for a medical appointment was made on a rainy day, and I waited in the parking lot for a while after my inlaws went into the building. Cool days invariably mean damp socks and cold feet, so I gave them a nice warming dry-job before heading inside, myself.

This building has the loudest flushing toilets in the ladies room, ever. I went in upon entering the office complex, and was washing my hands when the automatic flush kicked in and scared the bejesus out of me. So I knew how loud it was when, before leaving at the end of the day for the drive home, I used the facilities again and was for a second time startled right out of my skin. Even knowing it was just the toilet flushing, I still wanted to bolt out of that room as quickly as possible.

Wonder how many heart attacks or fainting fits that little technological wonder has spawned.

4 comments:

  1. Your feet are in remarkable condition! remarkably good, I mean.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are still doing their job, at any rate.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the laugh. Sometimes the flushing automatically startles me and then the noise kicks in. And every time. So funny.

    And yeah, I agree with Lorna, great feet ....

    ReplyDelete

Leave a message here or email me at stubblejumperscafe@gmail.com, home of the snow and land of the wheat!