Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Waiting



All dressed up, and no place to go.

I went to bed early last night. Nine-thirty. That's early, and I was asnooze before the radio turned itself off an hour later. But then I was up at 4:30, too hungry to fall back asleep, so I made toast and coffee and sat reading by the light of a table lamp in the living room.

Scott's parents are going north this morning for a medical appointment, and I'm to accompany them and do some driving, I imagine. Only I thought we'd be leaving at 8:30, and was ready to go out the door for the day, only to be informed that 9:30 was more suitable. Which is fine with me. An hour to putz around is always welcome.

6 comments:

  1. Great picture, good luck with the appointments.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hats off to you on the waiting thing! Waiting is not my cup of tea, it leaves me cranky, and I avoid it if at all possible. Putting it to good use is commendable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi stubblejumper

    I saw your comment at www’s about not doing a gratitude list.
    Platitude/gratitude - I agree.

    It’s like counting your blessings: if you have to do that you must be in deep doodoo.

    But getting up at 4.30? That’s when I turn over for the first time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't often get up at 4:30, believe me! But I do love being up early, after the first five minutes.
      Focusing on our dissatisfactions is a foolish and addictive habit, and counting our blessings in a regular and conscious way is probably the best method of changing it. I see the wisdom of that, don't you? But my gratitude list always seems to be the same old, same old ... stuff I appreciate, but after I've made the same list for 300 nights in a row, it's not too inspiring!

      Delete
  4. Is that your house? I'm up early this morning too---washed the kitchen floor, had coffee, finished the latest Peter Robinson book and just might go back for a snooze. It isn't good for the discipline, but I can't bear being in bed and awake.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the tractor shed. Now occupied by the barn cats.
      Peter Robinson, eh? Must check him out.

      Delete

Leave a message here or email me at stubblejumperscafe@gmail.com, home of the snow and land of the wheat!