Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Turning Over to the New Season

One morning last week there were yellowing leaves on the trees along the road.
And suddenly there were yellow leaves laying across my driveway.
It begins!
And I love it.
You go ahead and cry about the end of summer if you want to. It does seem to have gone too quickly, I'll give you that.
But fall is gorgeous. The scents, alone!


Before we know it, the giant flocks of geese will be here. The scouts have already arrived.
In my house, two of the menfolk are suffering end-of-summer colds. Scott works through his; Emil goes to bed and stays there. Hard to say which is the wiser.

2 comments:

  1. Today, my preference would be sniff and bear it. Still wonderfully warm and sunny here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's burning hot here today. Doesn't seem fair now that the kids are back to school. Some early birds are on their way I saw them this morning on my walk.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a message here or email me at stubblejumperscafe@gmail.com, home of the snow and land of the wheat!