Saturday, September 6, 2014

Same old, same old

You must get ever so tired of seeing the same landscape photos here all the time. The same road, the same trees, the same dogs. Blah blah blah.
However, that's my life. If you want something different, go to someone else's blog!
It's a pretty simple solution.
Meanwhile, welcome to my world.


2:16pm
Last night Everett came with me to pick up Emil and give him a ride to Everett’s for the weekend. When I dropped them off, Everett said, “Wait a minute. I’ve got something.”
He went in and came out a minute later, handing me a tube of Rolo chocolate candies.
“Ah!” I said. “You DO love me! It can’t be denied!”
“Don’t get too excited,” he replied. “They were on sale.”
“Still,” I insisted, “you remain my sweet boy.”
And he is. Current surly attitude aside (I see it as adding layers of protection over his sensitive nature), I know who is in there underneath it all. Mothers never forget and are difficult to fool.

3:38pm
So far I have spent the day moving stuff so the vacuum can do its work. And doing several loads of laundry. And dyeing two loads of clothing. And sorting and bagging and tying up the recycling and setting it on the step to take to Little Green (car). And heaven knows what else has kept me so busy since getting out of bed this morning. I haven’t washed the bag of soil-laden potatoes yet, as Scott requested, but I did just get them into some water to soften the caked dirt. I haven’t got the chicken into the roaster yet, but it’s on the counter now while the oven preheats. And I did phone our little Rebecca down the road and say “Wanna make 20 bucks?” so she came over and washed the bathroom and kitchen floors for us. I got her to roll up the quarters to pay herself with, as I only have a $5 bill in my wallet.

Next: it’s a sunny day and I will dress against the cool wind that is felt when the sun hides behind a cloud, and go for a walk with my doggy friends.

6 comments:

  1. I, for one, never grow tired of seeing your world Kate, the images may be of the same landscape, but each one has something a little bit different to offer, each one is one of a kind. I am a great one for going for walks and observing the small changes in the flora and fauna, the weather, the seasons, the sky, etc. Thanks for sharing your world!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maggie, we may be an acquired taste, you and I! Or as we like to say here in LadyLand, we only get better with time. LOL.

      Delete
  2. That's what I love about your blog...your ability to find and say something different though the "scene" remains the same. You're a favorite!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's good to hear, Mary. You know, you guys, I really wasn't fishing for compliments, but I do appreciate them.

      Delete
  3. When the help has to roll up there own quarters for pay.... it's a freaking funny day!! haaaaa You slay me...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fortunately, kids always like rolling coins. At least, the kids I've known. Most of 'em would pay ME to let 'em do it!

      Delete

Leave a message here or email me at stubblejumperscafe@gmail.com, home of the snow and land of the wheat!