Friday, April 24, 2015

Something I Found

On my Tuesday walk, I spotted this perfectly round rock laying at the edge of the ditch next to a stubblefield. Thought I'd better carry it home, rather than leaving it there to be turned under when the cultivator goes through, or to disappear when the grass and weeds grow tall again.

Wonder what it could be. 



If it could be an artifact, I need to report it somewhere. 
If it's an artillery ball, wouldn't it be darker? 
It's quite heavy. 

I'll post it on FB and Twitter, see if anyone has ideas. 

8 comments:

  1. Kate, you could send your photo to the Geology Department at the University of Saskatchewan, they could probably tell you if it is an natural feature, or made by humans. http://artsandscience.usask.ca/geology/

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's interesting, hope you find out what it is.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll be sure to post whatever I learn.

      Delete
    2. It's amazing to me how much I learn from you. While we don't know what it is, I do know that kicking something out of my way is not the most useful act I could undertake on a walk

      Delete
    3. You could've kicked this all the way home, like a ball!
      I contacted the university in Saskatoon and have been told it looks like a "concretion," which I will have to look up.

      Delete
  3. Tell us more. My curiosity is begging me to know.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just looked up the word online, Annette; there's quite a bit about "concretions" on the information highway! I intended to do an update but haven't gotten around to it.

      Delete

Leave a message here or email me at stubblejumperscafe@gmail.com, home of the snow and land of the wheat!