Saturday, August 29, 2015

Cow Cud and Hay Rake

While Scott was hooking up the hay rake one afternoon, I asked him the cow-cud question:
Can they chew their cud, standing up?
Checking the cattle at our place one morning before leaving for work, to make sure all is well.
"They can," he said.
So now we know. I must remember to tell Emil.

Meanwhile, in the farm-machinery education department, in which I remain a novice:
He's about to hook the tractor up to the hayrake. I know what it is because he said, "I thought I'd rake some hay while the sun shines" or somesuch.
He's driven the tractor and hayrake across the road and opened the thing up, and now ... don't ask me what he's doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a message here or email me at stubblejumperscafe@gmail.com, home of the snow and land of the wheat!