Wednesday, June 8, 2016

We've Got Grouse-lings

Pulling into the driveway this evening, I saw a ruffed grouse standing on the gravel. I slowed down, pressed the button to put my window down, and turned on the camera that was hanging by a strap on my wrist. Prepared, donchaknow. But still, by the time I got the thing aimed and focused, she had disappeared into the trees.
What I did see, however, were several tiny little fluffballs making their way into the trees after her. 
A ha! The lonely grouse got himself a sweetheart after all!
I came into the house, all smiles.

Poor old Scottie was lounging on the couch, sniffling, after a night spent largely awake because Ducky Doodle was afraid of the lengthy thunderstorm we got and wouldn't leave Scott alone. Me, I just lay abed, thrilled at the wondrousness of the noise, before sleeping like a baby. Guess I should've gotten up and told them both to quit being so silly. 


First bloomage. Standing at the kitchen sink isn't so bad when you've got flowers to look at.

You Comment
I Reply

✿⊱✿⊱✿⊱✿⊱✿⊱✿⊱✿⊱✿⊱✿⊱✿⊱✿⊱✿⊱✿⊱✿⊱✿⊱✿⊱✿⊱✿⊱✿⊱✿⊱✿⊱✿⊱✿⊱✿⊱✿⊱✿⊱✿⊱✿⊱✿⊱✿

Maggie Turner on "Catching Up": 
Love your dog-gone dish Kate! Congratulations to Everett on his new room mate, cats are cool. Enjoy your ant-i-social activities! I'm on a roll... or not. :) 

I'll make a point of enjoying the summertime guests and trips. Usually you can't drag me out of my little piece of paradise -- after all, it took me so long to get here -- but I realize that people are more important than places and so I must rouse myself.

✿⊱✿⊱✿⊱✿⊱✿⊱✿⊱✿⊱✿⊱✿⊱✿⊱✿⊱✿⊱✿⊱✿⊱✿⊱✿⊱✿⊱✿⊱✿⊱✿⊱✿⊱✿⊱✿⊱✿⊱✿⊱✿⊱✿⊱✿⊱✿⊱✿

Lorna on "Catching Up": 
I read and thought I commented on your monthly letter, but it's entirely possible that I forgot one of the essential parts of posting. I never miss your posts, but sometimes have only a reaction, not an add-on. 

I'm the same. There isn't always something worth saying, whether an entry is moving or not.  

✿⊱✿⊱✿⊱✿⊱✿⊱✿⊱✿⊱✿⊱✿⊱✿⊱✿⊱✿⊱✿⊱✿⊱✿⊱✿⊱✿⊱✿⊱✿⊱✿⊱✿⊱✿⊱✿⊱✿⊱✿⊱✿⊱✿⊱✿⊱✿⊱✿

Eating from the dog's bowl "priceless". Do like you new dish. Nice you got to cuddle the latest addition to the family. Enjoy the nice weather. 

The dish is a bit of a treat ... nice and heavy ... thanks to the dog (or its owner, I guess) that pushed me into buying it, I have a new toy. Funny how much pleasure I can take from using a new plate! As for the nice weather, Tuesday night there was a wild thunderstorm here that, unfortunately for Scott, scared Ducky Doodle, who kept him up half the night. Me, I just enjoyed that rolling thunder.


✿⊱✿⊱✿⊱✿⊱✿⊱✿⊱✿⊱✿⊱✿⊱✿⊱✿⊱✿⊱✿⊱✿⊱✿⊱✿⊱✿⊱✿⊱✿⊱✿⊱✿⊱✿⊱✿⊱✿⊱✿⊱✿⊱✿⊱✿⊱✿⊱✿

That's a big garden. Baby's are magical, aren't they? 

He's got as much space as he wants and more, that's for sure, but in the end didn't plant a very large garden.
Babies ... there isn't anything more adorable. When they're content, that is. 

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful garden Kate! You inspire me to give growing Poppies a try!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.