- ✿⊱╮O FRIENDS!
- CaRd ReAdInGs
- Out Margo Way: Letters from JOANNE B.
- ☂ Aromatherapist Wanna-Be
- Seen In SaSkAtChEwAn
- ✿⊱╮LIMITLESS . . .
- Mi Casa
- ✿⊱╮ SAY IN YOUR HEART
- Stubblejumpers Peeps
- ✿⊱╮DO I CONTRADICT MYSELF?
- Lake Property at Margo, Sask
- TEA LeAvEs
- Things Everett Finds on the Internet
- Great-Great Aunt Alma's Yukon
- Thornton W Burgess's Saskatchewan Connection
Wednesday, January 9, 2013
Lady Who Froze
The camera didn't catch the sheets of blowing snow. I only walked a mile yesterday because the wind was being windy. (What? I'm not trying to be writerly here.)
Out walking in flustery blustery winter conditions, I usually think of the lady who froze to death walking home from Margo. It was only a mile from town and she wanted to get back to her family before the blizzard blew in, so she set out on foot.
She is buried in the Margo cemetery, and someone put her portrait in one of those little frames you can now purchase to attach to tombstones. The story is probably in the Margo history book, where I likely first heard it.
I'm going to look it up. But not now. Back to work, for me.
at 9:40 AM