Friday, April 24, 2009

April Snows

I will miss the view from the driveway here, as it is a beckoning one. Even when it's snowing, as it is tonight.
This has got to be winter's last blast.

It's Karen's birthday today, for those of you who know my little sister. Now 48, she's looking damn good—gorgeous, even. She and Dick met me in town for lunch and then we did a quick bit of shopping. I came home with a plastic beetle that looks something like a lady bug, only it's bigger than my hand, for $2.50. It will be going into the garden. My heinous plan is not to tell He Who Must Not Be Mentioned on My Blog (age 16) about it and see how he reacts when it's first spotted.

As soon as I got home though, my neck started acting up. What could be the cause? MSG in the Chinese food? The O Henry bar I ate for dessert on my way home? One never knows for sure. I ended up taking a pill and sleeping for two hours. It worked though; feeling fine now, if groggy. There should be some kind of altar to make an offering at, I'm so damn thankful.

So, after this snow, that'll be it. Right? Because I'm really starting to think about finding the closest greenhouse and spending all my spare cash on blue flax, lupins, woolly thyme, oregano, basil, and jalapeno peppers.

4 comments:

  1. Seems a trifle odd saying 'welcome to your new home' at this point but the feeling is there, along with the wishes for a lovely Spring and Summer... soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your new home Kate better than Stubblejumpers - and I like the new name too.

    Snow? My goodness, when is summer going to make its grand appearance anyway?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Out here in Maine, we finally made it through the cold weather, and the temperatures are starting to climb. I wish the same for you.

    allen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice photographs. I'm amazed at the thought of snow at this time of the year. Around here it is over ninety degrees.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a message here or email me at stubblejumperscafe@gmail.com, home of the snow and land of the wheat!