Monday, April 12, 2010

God Damn Dishes

















Sigh.

:)
Just kidding.
Rick even offered to do the dishes after we had supper with him and Faye on Thursday night.
After I scraped myself off the floor, we all went for a short walk in the cool evening air, instead, and then sat about drinking wine, rum and/or tea and eating chocolate fudge.
The dishes above aren't those from Thursday night.
They are what awaited me on the kitchen counter when the boys and I arrived home around 8 last night.
***
I'm told Chloe Doodle had a standoff with a coyote in our back yard yesterday morning. Didn't think the little hound had it in her; neither animal was backing down, till the coyote heard a human voice from the bedroom window and vamoosed.

2 comments:

  1. Looks as though you have been very busy entertaining. I have lots of nice dishes I refuse to use because they can't go in the dish washer. I'm not a fan of washing dishes after prepping the food and hosting. Keep well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have, and love, cups like the glass ones in the front of the photo. Mine have trees and snow etched in them and I love to drink my coffee out of them in the summer---they make me remember that it isn't always so stinking hot. And no, I never seem to be satisfied with t he weather. How Canadian of me.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a message here or email me at stubblejumperscafe@gmail.com, home of the snow and land of the wheat!