Saturday, December 10, 2011

A Saturday in December


For once I managed to snap a picture of Emil before he had a chance to put a shit-eating grin on his face.
He likes this bed in the office, he tells me — often.
He can't wait to go to his dad's at Christmas, he tells me — often.
He's the one who likes to give me kisses, he tells me — often.
There are many Emilisms, but naturally they don't all come to mind when I try to access them.

In other news, here is my second attempt at "Hearty Oatmeal Rolls." I broke down and replaced half the whole wheat flour with white. And threw in a handful of flax seed.  And used honey instead of brown sugar. And some are different sizes on purpose, although I could never make them all the same size if I tried. They're delish, but next time I'm just going to make the large ones. Eight giants instead of the 32 davids suggested in the original recipe.


This morning Scott watched a "huge" coyote chase the red fox across our yard, followed by our border collie cross. I missed the show, but later had the misfortune of watching Ace the Cat snacking on a bird he caught at the feeders. I hate that.


4 comments:

  1. Morning us. We drink coffee. We read your letter. We have internet at home. We wish to e-mail that you can send us your photo. Baking causes apparent admirably. Odors to Bosnia. I hope that now turn out how you want. Nearing the end of association of women for women. I want to stay in touch with you.
    I have lots of photo of my country. I want you to send them but I do not have e-mail.
    Greetings from my family miza and son.
    How are the preparations for Christmas. We have no snow. Warm as it is December.
    Greetings from my family miza and son, and of course from me.
    Sifeta

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sifeta,
    I also would love to stay in touch. What happens with you, now that you are finished with the Women for Women program? Please do tell me more about what the program did for you and how you continue on afterwards.
    I too am having my morning coffee and relaxing. We do not have very much snow and for this time of the year it is quite warm outside. Unusual.
    -Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Program wife to wife ends with a group where I am. Now to enroll new women. With this program, I know many women and their experiences. I am glad that I can connect with you. I have learned about working in a greenhouse. I still do not know how to di send your photo. It is my great desire for it. Now, with her son and husband drink tea. We read a letter from you. We are happy.
    Dans we paint your house, barn, cow, cat, dog, sheep, village. In order to send you pictures?
    Pozdtav from Bosnia.
    Sifet

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sifeta,
    I worked in a greenhouse for a while some years ago. It is hard work! Will you continue with a job there?
    I think you are asking for my mailing address so you can send me a picture. Am I right?
    If so I will send the address in an email.
    -Kathy

    ReplyDelete

Leave a message here or email me at stubblejumperscafe@gmail.com, home of the snow and land of the wheat!