Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Reading Virginia's Diaries Again



Dipping into the first Virginia Woolf diary takes me back to my earlier reading of it, in the large and bright master bedroom of the house we rented in Kelowna during Mom’s last months alive in 2005. I remember the painful clarity of the time, and the numbness or frozenness in the days following her death. 


On Tues5Jan1915, Virginia writes:
"I dislike the sight of women shopping. They take it so seriously."



Want to know something more about Virginia Woolf? I'll be posting snippets from her diaries along with my own on this page, and of course much has been written about her work and her life so information is easy to find. But I like this: http://flavorwire.com/143610/59-things-you-didnt-know-about-virginia-woolf?all=1

2 comments:

  1. enjoyed the 59...liked 42 the best though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love VW...my favorite author - I have her diaries also and enjoy reading them over and over! Hope you are well and enjoying this wonderful spring,
    T

    ReplyDelete

Leave a message here or email me at stubblejumperscafe@gmail.com, home of the snow and land of the wheat!