Monday, May 11, 2015

Assholes, We've Got 'Em Here Too

It's cold — seriously cold, snow-wouldn't-surprise-me cold — but the leaves are coming out anyway.
The frogs are singing again.
And the birdage!

On my walks, I notice the beer cans that drinking and driving assholes have tossed out their windows, and tell myself I must remember to carry a shopping bag next time, and gloves, to pick them up. Last weekend I filled a bag so full of cans and bottles that I had to drop it off at home halfway through my walk, because it was so heavy. I got them all. But this weekend there are a few more in the ditch; also some dork threw out a foot-long metal pipe, and a grocery bag of actual garbage. Today someone threw a litre pop bottle on the road. People are disgusting, particularly when they know better than to be pigs. Or no ... obviously they don't. Swine.

Grrrr.
Better to dwell on the beauty:

Click to enlarge

6 comments:

  1. And beauty it is that surrounds you Kate. Terra recently went to Panama for a vacation, and she said there was garbage by the roads, everywhere, lots of it, she had pictures. Of course the resort was pristine, but Terra took an interest in the countryside. Plastic garbage coating the earth's surface, she must be having trouble breathing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At this time of year we see a lot of garbage around town, but as soon as the ditches are dry there will be a cleanup by the schoolkids; for the moment, it's only sad to look at. Out here we can't help wonder who is driving down our quiet country road and doing this; after all, if you're out for a drive to enjoy the scenery, why would you add your garbage to it? People disappoint me.

      Delete
    2. Same problem everywhere. The land I farm by the highway is littered by careless people who seem to think that private farm land and the landscape in general is just a big recycling bin for them to use. Absolutely irresponsible behavior.

      Delete
    3. And doesn't it make you grit your teeth in frustration! It's always much worse by the highway; our land is four or five miles away from any paved road, but just off a heavily used correction line, so we don't see quite so much littering. But it's still too much.

      Delete
  2. Sad how people are so disgusting. We have the same problem here. When I go for my walk on Saturday & Sunday mornings I find loads food and packaging from the late night drive home from the bar.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Interesting co-ink-ee-dink, but they were talking about the same thing on the radio this morning. Apparently there are pig people everywhere.

      Delete

Leave a message here or email me at stubblejumperscafe@gmail.com, home of the snow and land of the wheat!