Saturday, June 13, 2015

Off to an Auction

The sheltered workshop has opened a secondhand clothing store on Main Street, and once in a while, when I take a break from work and need something to do with myself, I stop in and flip through the clothing on hangers.

Once I picked up a brand new nightie for about $4. It was a "large" but I thought "It's a nightie, it'll be fine," and it is. Not only is it fine, but it is light, airy, and has pretty lace and other sewn features, and I have been wearing it quite a lot on warm nights. I'm wearing it now.

This week I spent $24 and came home with six new items: five shirts and one set of pyjamas. I removed the tags and laid them out on my bed for a photo (thinking always of you!) before folding for drawers or slipping onto hangers.


I lay in bed the next morning, propped up with a book and my cup of black coffee, and was so delighted by the sight of the red-checked shirt in the doorless closet. Clearly I am a lover of the colour, yet do not wear it nearly often enough.

***

There is an auction sale in Margo this morning. It starts in 40 minutes and Scott wants to go. He hopes there will be a tiller for sale. I'll pop over to my aunt Shirley's for a quick visit while he's there.

Then it will be back here so he can keep at the cupboards. He picked up a new sink in town an hour ago and should have everything he needs.

2 comments:

  1. Hello fellow thrift shop devotee. Love my bargains. I just started typing here and a friend called. Good luck with the cupboards and the ants. I was plagued with those buggers. What % mix do you use with the icing sugar and borax?
    XO
    WWW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 1/4 cup of icing sugar and one tablespoon of borax
      well, depending on what recipe comes up when i search my files

      Delete

Leave a message here or email me at stubblejumperscafe@gmail.com, home of the snow and land of the wheat!