Thursday, July 9, 2015

Pulling a Boner

Guess who watered her flowers in pots before leaving for work yesterday morning, and forgot to turn the tap off?

Yeah. Even after saying to myself, "I must remember to turn off that tap."

Fortunately we have a working sump pump in the basement and it was running when Scott arrived home after supper, before I did. We haven't had any rain that counted for quite a while so he wondered why it was running, and investigated.

D'uh. Some days.

But these made me feel better:

Wool, hand-knit by KNITTERME, these are my new "warm toes in the office" socks.



3 comments:

  1. Been there and done that. Well not quite the same, but I had a sprinkler set up on the garden for evening watering and guess who fell asleep and forgot to shut off the hydrant? It ran all night. No harm done and the vegetables got a good watering.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ours ran only a couple feet from the house and probably saturated the soil considerably. It happens to the best of us and I'm just glad no flooding ensued here. A friend of mine did it and it took months to dry out her basement.

      Delete
  2. Oooops! Glad to hear the sump pump saved the day. Great socks btw.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a message here or email me at stubblejumperscafe@gmail.com, home of the snow and land of the wheat!