Thursday, November 19, 2015

Winter has Arrived

The big, warm (but not heavy!) parka came out yesterday, and beautifully warm it was, too, in spite of the nasty wind and snow. I was going to take my ski pants to Kathy Price on Main St. for sewing repair but the wind was so mean I couldn’t make myself go outside till it was time to quit for the day.

Then, coming home, it was so icy in town that I nearly went off the road at least once. Even driving like a little old lady (not that speedy one from "past Wadena") didn't save me.

The quilt I started with Mom's help in 2004.
Last night the wind howled so fiercely that several times I was worried the roof might blow off. Ducky was worked up. His little toenails were clip-clippitting over the floor much of the night as he paced.

It’s the same this morning. This feels like winter.


From my back step







8 comments:

  1. Keep yourselves warm. We had a tiny blast of snow a few weeks ago but the weather was been mostly mild and sunny since. Cars have been prepped and are ready for the snow. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll be driving like an inchworm into town. If that makes sense.

      Delete
  2. The weather here is balmy (Eastern Ontario), high of 14C, very windy and lots of rain. Winter will eventually arrive, but as far as I am concerned it can take its time.

    Sounds very wintry where you are Kate, hope the wind does not cause any damage!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So far so good in our yard. In town the wind blew over a big tree on Main St. yesterday, and it also blew a tree onto the powerline at Scott's mother's house, barely missing her kitchen window.
      We've had a pretty nice fall; can't complain. Winter had to come sometime!

      Delete
  3. So windy here in Kelowna on Tuesdsy- trees down in neighbours yard but luckily only a pot full of dirt blew over in our yard:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Early or late, that's Saskatchewan. We're still relatively warm and still wearing shoes instead of boots. It's out there though, just waiting for us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It can change overnight, or even in hours, here. Same there?

      Delete

Leave a message here or email me at stubblejumperscafe@gmail.com, home of the snow and land of the wheat!