Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Brief Glimpse

No sooner did I leave a comment on someone else's blog, saying that seeing a moose around here nowadays is hardly a reason to pull out the camera anymore, than I saw this young feller as I was walking home after Everett drove past.

Mind you, I'm not completely full of baloney, because I already had my camera out and slung by a string around my wrist. Figured I might as well take a picture.

The dogs didn't notice him, and I hurried quietly past, thinking of the stories I've heard about people being chased by moose in the fall, and how even if there was a tree within reachable distance I likely couldn't climb it anyway. 

He stood still and watched me for a few moments before turning and disappearing into the bush.

Disturbed from his willow-munching.

7 comments:

  1. If I saw that I'd be going the other direction pretty darn fast. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe I'm not smart enough to run. Or just too lazy.
      Kinda always hope that staying calm and acting normal won't provoke an animal. So far, so good.

      Delete
  2. Oh how good! Every sighting is fresh and exciting I believe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm all caught up with you! wonderful variety of posts. I was like you around moose until one evening Ansa I got out of car and Ansa spotted a moose in front of the barn and went up closer to investigate and sniff and the moose charged her. Oomph. I have a new respect for them now.
    XO
    WWW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I WAS nervous! I guess it's not like a bear, that might chase if you ran. Little Ducky ran ahead of me to chase a moose one day, and it vamoosed! Fingers crossed I'll never meet an aggressive one.

      Delete
  4. Try as I might, I can only think of IMMIGRATION today, and the way our country is becoming so inward-turned..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do you think if we all called our MPs anything would actually change? Honestly, this country could be doing SO MUCH MORE.

      Delete

Leave a message here or email me at stubblejumperscafe@gmail.com, home of the snow and land of the wheat!