Sunday, November 15, 2015

They Say Thought Comes First


10:10a.m.
Do fear and anxiety create certain types of thoughts, or is it the other way around?

I sometimes wake up thinking about all the material possessions that will have to be dealt with when I die; the undeserved load it will be on someone if I don’t “take care of business” beforehand. I think about getting started putting those affairs in order and getting rid of all the possessions I can live without. I then feel burdened and afraid I won’t have the energy or time to do it all.

It’s a good thing I have something to grin at first thing every morning when I look into the bathroom mirror at my hair sticking up in all kinds of wild conglomerations.



4 comments:

  1. FlyLady. Took me 9 months to go through every cupboard and drawer and shelf in the house. 15 minutes a day, on the timer, with a few occasional couple of hours.No loafing, that gives too much time to say the dreaded "I might need this someday". And she goes through on a schedule, one week kitchen, etc.

    Since then I believe I've downsized my stuff by half. Changes your life whether you mean it to or not

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. FlyLady has great practical suggestions for everything! Thanks for the reminder.

      Delete
  2. I am a regular de-clutter. And now that I'm sharing a tiny house with three more people than I bought it for, it's become even more important.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It seems to need to be done not only consciously, but every damn day! Honestly sometimes when I'm home it seems like I am picking things up and putting them away constantly.

      Delete

Leave a message here or email me at stubblejumperscafe@gmail.com, home of the snow and land of the wheat!